Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Saturday, February 12, 2005
Happy Chinese New Year!! The year of the Rooster has just started, what does the year mean to you? I don't really know, but this is what I am in general (supposedly)
THE RAT (A Positive Animal)
Rat year people are charming and reserved. They work hard, tend towards stinginess, and set rigid standards of behaviour for themselves and their loved ones. Rats born in the night are adventurous and quicker thinking than those born during daylight hours. Night rats are also crafty & busy. Rat people can be gossipy, great nags and petty. They are inquisitive by nature, resourceful, and good at spotting the main chance. They are careful with money and with investments. They check out people and projects more thoroughly than most others because of an inborn ability to sense danger. As such, they can tend to be negative. Rat fathers, have great sentimental attachments to their parents and children. Rat mothers are natural homemakers & supportive wives.
WOOD RATS: (1864, 1924 and 1984) are progressive and very amiable people. Very farsighted and has ability to compromise. Passionately needs security and hard work is motivated by this need.
Well, it has not been the most exciting new year. Just visited the usual places, and we stayed there for shorter periods of time. I saw some of my uncles and aunties, on my maternal side, whom I usually only meet during chinese new year. As usual, they like to say the same things, like "You've grown taller" though the truth is I haven't grown taller since I was in Sec 1. Yes, my growth has stopped since then. The other question is "Where are you studying now?" Of course I replied whatever I am doing, and it all calls for the same response which is "Orh..." Haha. Nothing too much to say about Statistics yeah. It's a pretty boring subject, and yet I am studying that. Contradicting.
Still got one more place to go on Sunday, supposed to watch Lion Dance. We all used to look forward to it as kids, but after so many years, the excitement has died down. I even think that I have seen some of the pple in the troupe grow old. Haha cos it's always the same troupe that Uncle Tan employs. More ang baos to collect at least.
I realised that ang baos are just a way of redistributing wealth- from the parents to the children. Whatever the parents give out to other kids, the children get it back. In that sense, it's an indirect way of giving the kids pocket money, or money to be put into the bank and earn some little interest. Moral of the story: have more children. So that they can 'earn' back more money. That goes with government efforts to raise the birth rate anyway. Lousy joke. Haha. Otherwise, just engage in some gambling. Small stakes only of cos. Laws of probability comes in when it comes to winning....
Holidays were over pretty soon. Back to school next week, and have a whole lot of work waiting for me. Tutorials, and more importantly to be done over this weekend: lab report!...Do as much as I can before I say "Good night!"...........
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:27 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com