<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10155403?origin\x3dhttp://simplysuch.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Of Simple Words & Simple Things

//* Quotes.. *//

Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers


You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein


//* Me.. *//

Wan Ting
Pisces
Graduated & Idling
Sunny Island



//* Wishlist.. *//

Gremlins 1 & 2 dvd
Getaway w bf
More getaways
Graduation trip: Taipei
Laptop bag
Precious Moments
Snail mail
Long Vacation vcd
Love Generation vcd
Pirates of the Caribbean Triology vcd



//* Friends.. *//

Edwin
Jess
Qiulin
Xinyu
Zhihui
The Other Eden

BF's Biz Blog



//* Memories.. *//

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007




//* Voices.. *//





Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker



Wednesday, March 30, 2005

It's Wednesday, and it's my stay-home day, yeay! But I've got to start studying for the test tmr really soon. Meanwhile, just feeling so bored after sending out emails to RADAC and CASE for projects (I HATE PROJECTS!) I shall write sth here...

The bus: As someone who holds a bus concession, I like to take buses, and I take buses as though it's free in that sense. I have come to conclude that the bus is an excellent place to observe people-- observe how some people behave, like how they sleep (I've once sat beside this guy who slept till he drooled!) or how some people refuse to move to the end of the bus, and even how people observe other people. It's certainly interesting, and sometimes irritating.

This is a list of people who never fail to irritate me while I'm on the bus:

1. Aunties... I hate it when these aunties squeeze all the way past you (when the bus is already crowded enough) just to get to some spot in the bus. Or when they see that a seat has just been vacant, she will squeeze and take the seat as though she deserved it. ARGH. Seriously, we don't owe these aunties anything. It doesn't mean that just because they are older they have the right to be unreasonable and rude. In fact, they are really not that old, and weak (else giving up the seat to them would be perfectly fine). BUT there are some nice and polite aunties out there too. I like these aunties better.

2. One big group of students... Perhaps I've once been part of this sort of group before...but still I don't like them. Especially when I take the bus during peak hours, the group of students always take up alot of space and make alot of noise. They like to block the exit too. Simply irritating having to get past them to get to the end of the bus! Worst still, sometimes they stink! Haha. Just like that time when the bus went past McRitchie Reservoir, and a whole BIG group of students boarded the bus, all wet (from the rain) and sweaty and smelly. I was sitting right at the last row of the bus and when I reached my stop, I decided to skip it; I would rather take a longer time and go to the interchange before coming back, then to squeeze past all of them. Eww...

3. The one person whom I should never be irritated at: the bus driver... This is one in fifteen perhaps. I cannot take it when the bus driver goes at an extremely slow speed (purposely) so that he has to stop at almost every single traffic junction and every single bus stop when there's no one boarding or alighting the bus. It pays to be careful, I know that, but not to this extent for goodness sake.

I guess that's quite enough-- 3 is a magic no. to stop at.

Bus drivers can have quite an attitude too. I was on my way home yesterday at 7 plus after my tutorial, so the bus was really packed. I guess like myself, everyone else wanted to go back soon, and the bus driver jus wants to change shift faster too. Yet, some JOKER has to press the bell when he/she was not going to alight. This happened for about 3 times. So the bus driver got quite pissed, he jus kept looking through the rear mirror, while keeping the exit door open, waiting for someone to alight. He just kept waiting and waiting and waiting. Until the bus driver behind our bus sounded his horn. But still, he waited a while more, as though silently insisting that someone is to get off the bus, until he decided to move off in the end. When the bus driver behind overtook us, he really gave this bus driver some kind of stare. Haha. Both drivers got such attitude, it makes it so interesting to see. But seriously the JOKER was really irritating-- wasted quite some time like that, else I could have reached home a few more minutes earlier after a long day at school.

Despite all these, I still like to take bus, especially to and fro NUS, it's much faster than taking the MRT. I like to take bus with Dear too, cos can take the time to talk to him as well. All in all, without the luxury of a car, simple thing like taking a bus can be a joy too. *minus the inconvenience and infrequency of the bus sometimes*



::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 2:48 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::








Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com