Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Sunday, April 03, 2005
Felt that the weekend was pretty short actually, cos most part of it was spent on the project. Thanks to those who did the survey! But gladly, the project is gonna be due soon. So I won't have to spend time editing and editing the report over and over again, after every meeting we have. The last part would just be the presentation. Jus hope my voice won't be shaking! Haha. I get stage fright VERY easily. Even last time in band, I would get scared sometimes. Speaking of which, I miss band, and I miss playing the clarinet...
Anyway, I spent Sat morning at project discussion, then came home to edit my part before Dear came over to my place. Our plan for that day was to stay at home, and watch DVD, Miss Singapore Universe, and also prepare for his presentation on Monday. Haha. We watched "White Chicks" together with my brother, though it's my 2nd time watching the show, I still find it very funny. Seriously, many guys have much nicer legs than girls!!
Contestant No. 5 Yvonne Lim, from senior class managed to get into final 5 in the competition, and eventually came up 4th. Really quite an achievement already isn't it? Dear said he thinks her reply for Q&A was the best amongst all 5, but still she didn't win. Perhaps cos she stumbled over her answer quite a bit. Dear said the greatest weakness of a woman is her indecisiveness. I think he was referring to me actually. Well, he stayed on awhile longer after that to catch some soccer action.
Quite worried last night, cos my grandma was sick. While I was talking to Dear in my room, I heard her breathing very heavily next door. When I went to check on her, she was really trembling, and she can't speak properly. Immediately, I just went to wake my parents up. Then it was quite a fluster getting extra blanket for her, wanted to go get ice cubes but there was NONE in the freezer! Must have been my brother who didn't bother to fill up the tray after he removed the ice cubes. So all we could do is to use the coolest tap water. I even took out the dry ice pack from Royce chocolates so she might be able to use it. After about an hour or so, she was finally better after vomitting out some food she had taken earlier. Lucky she's better now, and still resting alot.
Few more weeks to exam, quickly come quickly go. I just want to finish sch...Then again, sch is not such a boring place, not so if there are some people who do interesting things in lectures! Enter the LT (forward to the 57th min and wait, but i've got a sneaky feeling it may not work)!! Wahaha..like watching some show hor? I just kept laughing- to think that the Math lecturer actually helped him out too! I admire the guy for the courage, but at the same time, I can feel the embarrassment for the ger. If it were more romantic like the scene in My Sassy Girl in which the ger was playing the piano, and the guy went down to offer her a rose, that would have been even more cool! Haha. No hope of it happening in real life, thou (of cos!)
Anyway I learnt a new word yesterday: "sabbatical". (meaning from dictionary.com)
sab·bat·i·cal
- Relating to a sabbatical year.
- Sabbatical also Sabbatic Relating or appropriate to the Sabbath as the day of rest.
Oh yeah, it doesn't really explain anything. But Dear said Sabbath mean Sunday. Well well...
Another week ahead, hope it's good! Back to tutorials...
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 11:50 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com