Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Friday, April 08, 2005
A rather exciting day in the middle of the week. Not really exciting, in that sense, but just that it's more eventful than any other day...in the first place, I end lessons at 1pm today, think that's the earliest in this entire semester!
Firstly, project report has finally been finished and submitted. Next up to prepare is just the presentation which is one week away. Nothing too much to worry perhaps. So, after having lunch in Science canteen, I made my way to the salon to have a haircut (the last one I had was jus before chinese new year!) The hairstylist whom I asked for initially was not working today, and the ger recommended another guy instead, so I jus said "ok".
First thing the hairstylist said to me, "Do you smile?" Haha...he kept telling me that I look very fierce and serious when I don't smile. And he thinks that I was in a bad mood today. Diaoz. Am I supposed to be so friendly that I keep smiling at him while he's pulling and cutting my hair?! Which brings me to the point: it never hurts to flirt a little, especially with ur male hairstylist (I read this from some magazine before) since it's good to build some good relationship with him so he know what you want to do with ur hair, and even give you some discounts! BUT I can't do it. He's not the first hairstylist to tell me I look serious and fierce. Haha. Then again, if I can flirt, then I am not "me".
How about this..some results from a test to see if you're a great flirter!
You scored 23 percent in this test!
wan ting, to become a successful flirter, you have to get a bit more self-confidence and develop more empathy. You're approach is too clumsy not very charming. It's not too surprising that your moves will be blocked. You lack the right feelings when it comes to flirting. So please listen to your heart and follow your feelings. You have to relax a bit and then your "message" will be much easier received by your heartthrob. Don't put yourself under too much pressure and try to find out what the other person likes, what his interests are, what turns him on. Using this first common points, it'll be much easier for you to get closer to him.
Once again, it's proven! Haha..
Someone just told me I am a nice and good girl. And I replied, "Being nice and good means ordinary, and boring..." I really think so. One more thing, nice people are forget-able, but bad people get remembered. Which would you choose to be? Perhaps if you're a guy, you'll choose the latter, so that some lady out there will fall for you! Haha.
Another interesting conversation I overheard on the bus, two ladies on the bus sitting behind me. I believe both of them are in their mid or late twenties, one of whom is pregnant. They were discussing about the "inconveniences" of being pregnant...so one was saying, she can't cut her toe nails, because of her tummy blocking her. So what she does is to ask her husband to do it! Haha. Or if ur husband is not willing to do it for you, but willing to spend some money, go for a pedicure, just like one of their friends. Blah blah blah...then they were discussing who's having a baby now, who's going to have a baby, like literally going through their entire list of friends to see who's pregnant (as though they all get pregnant at about the same time.) Haha. I find that very amusing! I imagine, perhaps one day, I will start going through my list of friends too?
Interesting....
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 12:16 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com