Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Saturday, May 14, 2005
Downtown!...
Love Will Keep Us Alive--Eagles
I was standing
All alone against the world outside
You were searching
For a place to hide
Lost and lonely
Now you've given me the will to survive
When we're hungry...love will keep us alive
Don't you worry
Sometimes you've just gotta let it ride
The world is changing
Right before your eyes
Now I've found you
There's no more emptiness inside
When we're hungry...love will keep us alive
I would die for you
Climb the highest mountain
Baby, there's nothing I wouldn't do
I was standing
All alone against the world outside
You were searching
For a place to hide
Lost and lonely
Now you've given me the will to survive
When we're hungry...love will keep us alive
When we're hungry...love will keep us alive
When we're hungry...love will keep us alive
Dear introduced this song to me..think its quite soothing. Gives a ray of hope, no matter how rough the going is, seems like there's always something for you to hold on to.
Okies..so went to Orchard today!! Nothing to be really excited about, just that we barely go there, that explains the (!!). Hehe..of cos it has to be my idea (thinking of the shopping actually), but he agreed cos he wanted to check out Borders for a book.
No more bus concession, so I took the MRT! That's so rare of me..First person I saw when I came out of the station was Jiawei, Dear's fren (and not Dear!). Haha. Kinda surprised to see him. Luckily Dear came shortly, but k.p.o me suggested waiting for Jiawei's fren (who's a gal) together. He didn't entertain me. Bleah :p
Today I've got herbal tea--from this certain chinese medicine shop at Tampines Interchange. It was supposed to relieve me of some heatiness. I really believe that's why I'm falling sick. Damn. Fortunately, it was not very bitter, else I don't think I will drink it.
Walked around Wisma and Taka a little, but still nothing to buy. Trying not to make Dear too bored at the same time as usual. So in the end we just went to Borders, but while walking there, I actually saw my colleague who used to work with me after A's; I haven't seen her for so long! Still the same, I guess. On her way back to sch for make-up lesson.
Secret Soldier is the book that Dear wanted to buy. After checking out Borders and Kinokuniya, we still can't find it unfortunately. Looks like he has to get it from Amazon.com if he really wants to get it. Or shall I be nice to him? Haha.
So we (or he) were browsing through some of books under "Military History". Never, in a million years, would you find me there otherwise! Picked up a few on Israel and Jerusalem--apparently those were way beyond my scope of understanding, and willingness to understand. I even asked him, "Where is Israel?" He can't believe I dont even know that. Wahaha. Then when I asked him more questions, that was his time to show off his knowledge, while I can only nod or say "orh.." Way too confusing for me, I guess.. :p Sometimes I am really amazed at how little general knowledge I have; what really is inside my brain? Should I be glad I can still write fluent english (is it?) and chinese at least? My aim for next week: Read two of Dan Brown's novels Digital Fortress and Deception Point.
Dinner was at Big O Cafe at Wheelock Place. Lucky we were there early, cos there was a long queue outside both Big O and NYDC. Finally get to use my special privilege card..and got to enjoy the food, and mudpie! So sinful, but I don't care. For the lady, it was panfried cod fish fillet and for the gentleman, it was sirloin steak well-done (in what various ways can it be done?). Perhaps not the most filling meal, especially not for Dear. But nonetheless, still quite enjoyable.
Soon it was time to head home. Glad to have spent the day out, finally got to get out of the house. Not that I was under house arrest in the first place. Just lazy to go out. Saw this really cool car while walking to the bus stop (yeah, bus!), like W-O-W! How often do you see Rolls Royce in Singapore?!
Of cos I took a pic of it!
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:17 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com