Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Sunday, May 01, 2005
Each time I come online now, the first thing I do is to check my mail--hopeful of seeing a new mail in my inbox, perhaps telling me of a job opening. But up till now, no no...sigh...So the plan is to go to International Plaza and check out the job agencies next week-as soon as possible. Certainly be ideal if I can start work by the 2nd week of May...
But well, exams are all finally over! This is the only morning paper that I have, and the thing about morning paper is that it's over before I know it, before I'm fully awake! Haha. So I just went through the paper like this today..and time seemed to pass by really quickly actually (perhaps I was just busy copying the source code from the notes?) Glad to say the paper was manageable at least, though not certain of the answers really. The lecturer said there's almost 3 answers to each of the programming question!
So after the paper, I waited for Wanling while she went back to hall to collect some of her clothes, afterwhich we headed for HarbourFront. I might say, it's my first time stepping into the new (no longer?) shopping complex, and it's not bad! So we treated ourselves to la mian, and then walked around to see if we can bag any purchase. That has been a habit since dunno when-as though shopping after the last paper is really a sign of liberation-coming out of hibernation at home! Haha. Well, but nothing to bag home. Stayed around and talked for awhile before we parted and I went to meet Dear, haven't seen him in two weeks!
Got a little impatient while waiting for him to reach, cos the fatigue has started to creep in on me. It took me 20 mins or less from HarbourFront (by bus) while he took 40 mins or so from Tampines to reach Suntec. (I dun believe...) Anyway, so he came, and then we hurriedly walked towards the cinema. The inital plan was to have dinner before catching Coach Carter. But cos he was so late, you know...
While walking towards the cinema, we were stopped by this Uncle (very sincere looking) and he wanted us to sit down at the table to look through some photos and sign up for some wedding package!!! Uncle, we are only undergraduates, still too young la...haha!! Worst of all, when we told the Uncle we were rushing for time, he got an Auntie to come talk to us instead. You won't believe how persistent the Auntie was, she even suggested that we can just put a deposit for the package first, and it would still be available to us in ten years' time. The price she quoted was $3288 or sth, I think. Is that considered cheap? I don't know! We just insisted on leaving, and the Auntie finally had to let us go, but of cos not without having that disgruntled look on her face. Sorry Auntie, but we are not the right customers for you...After we left, I just suddenly had the thought, what if we had told her that we never intended to make the relationship last, what's more get married?
So in the end, we settled for dinner at Fish & Co. Nothing much, just ate fish? Hehe. Then it was followed by compulsory dessert whenever we go to Suntec--Yami Yoghurt!!! How I love Yami Yoghurt!!! Flavour of the day: Peachie. So we were walking arnd the Fountain of Wealth, and we happened to see someone dedicating songs on the touchscreen. And so Dear did one for me!! *grinz* but he took so long to think of the song he wanted, that the screen went back to the Main Menu instead. So it was typing all over again!
In the end, it was this:
Colin Raye and Susan Ashton--The Gift (nice lyrics...)
and he said:
"You mean the world to me, darling..."
So we went up to the seats at the roundabout to listen out for the dedication. A pity, we never heard it. Neither did we have a chance to see the (laser) words being shown at the fountain. Orh...it really would have been perfect otherwise :p
Nothing much after that, as we merely walked around and did a bit of shopping (on my request of cos). He never liked to shop in the first place. So I just looked at little stuff while trying to make sure that his patience has not run out. I doubt I can ever train him to be able to enjoy, or even endure shopping with me. I was preoccupied with looking at clothes, that I had forgotten to buy a birthday present for my tuition kid, whose bday is on Monday! Still have a chance to do so over the weekend, I believe...
So back home I am, I shall think of what to do for my first day of freedom tmr (later)...
1. Clear my table-by packing all the notes and textbooks.
2. Change my bedsheet and clean up the rest of the room-been nuaing on the bed too much over the past two weeks or so already.
3. Of cos, watch tv! Think the show, Quill (the cute dog) will be shown tmr. I must watch that!
4. And, think of what else to do for the rest of the Long Vacation....
Finally, I've bought the tickets! So I can go watch Lord of the Dance on Thursday! So excited!! Certainly think it would be a good show--but hopefully I can still see most of the people clearly from the circle seats...
Perhaps one of the days I will go swimming!! The weather is so hot, and there's almost not a single cloud in the sky; the weather is excellent for some tan. Just a little will do.
Well well, getting really tired. Been awake for almost 20 hours already...
Happy Holidays!!! (",)
if it doesn't get too boring that is....
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:57 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com