Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Friday, July 08, 2005
An Informative Day...
There ain't many reasons that I will actually tune the tv to watch Discovery Channel nor National Geographic, YET I did that today. So it was a more constructive day in that sense, having taken in more information than most other days.
First, I watched a programme on Apes--our ancient cousins, as they called them. So it was abt investigating the roots of human beings in the course of Evolution. Seemed to have read sth abt this before when I was taking my General Biology module back in Year 1, Sem 1. Striking similarities as were pointed out on the programme. I didn't take in much of it, though...
Next, it was "Unlocking the Da Vinci Code: The Full Story". As the title goes, the programme is abt the authencity of some of the information in Dan Brown's book. Most of his books would claim that the information/technology etc etc are real and do exist. In this case, it's very much debated especially when it involves Jesus. So who, really, is Mary Magdalene? Is she a prostitute, as she has come to be known, or someone romantically involved with Jesus? Even more so, Jesus's wife who had bore him a daughter as mentioned in the book? Of cos, there was still no clear answer to that. There wasn't much evidence left behind after so long, only hypothesis or speculations from many authors, historians etc etc who can't say anything for sure. Interesting the way they went to parts of Jerusalem, South of France etc etc hoping to seek out "the truth". (I have yet to read the book!)
Well, so that's how I spent 3 or 4 hours of the day. Too lazy to get out of the house, though I had wanted to initially. Perhaps that's the best way to save money, but risk being struck down by boredom. Oh yeah, I did realized, when I went out on Tuesday, that transport fares have risen. More money to be spent in that sense. Alot more next week, when I have to buy Hui's present. Ouch...
Went to the airport on Tuesday. Dear's fren was leaving for Australia to study, so he was going to send him off. It's such a coincidence that his gf is going for exchange in the same university. So it's like studying abroad together. So envious. How I wish I can go for exchange programme too, even more so if got company. Anyway went to meet Dear earlier for dinner at the airport first. Haha..not a place that I would have chosen, but just cos it was the most convenient. That's Burger King.
We took the SkyTrain to Terminal 1 and went to the viewing gallery. Good old Swensen's still there--remembered going there when I was young to celebrate bday occasions with family friends before. So we were jus holding hands, walking arnd while he told me abt his plans, for a business, and for the future. Then we stood in front of the huge board, showing all the destinations and timings of the departures, pointing to places that I wanted to go. There were so many places on that board, which I dunno where, so Dear was telling me where. But I had my eyes on one place--that's Vienna. As most pple who learnt classical music, I guess that's a place to visit. Anyway, I left earlier while Dear went to chat with his frens. Guess the next time fren's gonna be back is in December.
Speaking of December or now, in general, holiday mood! I wish to go away for a short trip really. Anywhere..like those 3D2N or one more night kind.
Time passes so quickly, really. Soon school is gonna start again, then over. I do not want to graduate so soon actually. But somehow, I can feel the responsibilities heading my way soon. Well well...
Face it with a smile, PERHAPS? (",)
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 8:39 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com