Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Post-National Day...
6 Aug
Met QL in the afternoon to go buy her blazer for her proj..I must say, she really looked smart and pro in it! Haha..as HR personnel, sure to impress her clients or sth..Maybe all biz pple look like that? I dunno..
After that went to meet Dear at Compass Point. Totally bad place to go from City Hall, since I'm reluctant to take train now that my bus concession is in use again..So kiam..Haha..So I took quite awhile to reach. So jus had dinner and went to shop around. He actually bought sth from this Feng Shui shop! Still got auspicious date and time to place the object one..The sales lady even said cannot put in the bedroom cos the yang energy of animal figures are too strong, blah blah blah..Actually I'm more concerned with my own shopping la..especially after spending so much time in that one shop while waiting for the lady tend to another customer.
Actually I probably make quite a good shopping companion. Haha..usually when I go out with people, they usually end up shopping and buying something. But I seldom bag anything home. How come ar?! But still I can be patient enough to choose things that I think are nice or what they might like..perhaps it's good also la..then I don't need to spend so much..
BUT, I had spent! On my new Levi's jeans..So happy..
7 Aug
Went to survey again. Just have to finish it up since I took up the job. Have to console myself to look on the bright side, that the project shld be ending, and I will be getting my paycheck soon..
8 Aug
First day back at sch...Actually had 2 lectures today, but in the end I only attended 1!! Cannot make it!! I just can't bring myself to wake up to go to sch for first lecture in the morning..so I just continued sleeping, at all times convincing myself that it's ok since it's most likely just going to be an intro lecture..Went for the 2nd lecture, and was falling asleep looking at all those satellite pictures. I must learn to bear with all these..it's just the beginning of the semester. Don't know what else to expect for the rest of the semester when projects (if any) and tutorials start..
Just had this very bad headache too, which made me really irritated. I can't seem to concentrate on anything, even tuition. Just went to sleep, and glad it was gone the next morning I woke up.
9 Aug
Happy 40th Birthday, Singapore!!
Oh yeah, it's national day. So I went down to East Coast Park, for the yearly picnic on this day. Crowded there, with many families, gatherings of all sorts, couples etc etc etc..just a good day out in the sun!
It seems, that the turnout for the picnic, is getting lesser, just like Chinese New Year. Amongst the children, I'm the one who still turns up. Most of the older children don't go anymore. Hmm, maybe they just find it boring and choose to go for other programmes. To me, it's like committment, like obligation, it's family time afterall (though my parents did ask me if I wanted to go last night, that means I've the option not to?)
I went cycling!! Along the stretch of road-don't know how far I actually cycled. Wanted to go as far as I could, perhaps from one end to the other. But I cycled till my butt hurt. Haha..perhaps need to put cushion on the bicycle seat..Then my stupid brother tried to change the gear, and got the bicycle chain stuck instead. Haiz. Thank goodness we were near our picnic spot already, so my dad could come and help him with it. So ma fan leh, him..
Came home, and I'm feeling really sleepy and tired already. But still making plans for the evening. Initial plans: to go watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with WL, MH. But last minute no more. Then I persuaded Dear to come out, but to Tampines to go catch some parts of the parade. It was sooo crowded. I didn't get to see the parade at all (but not that it really matters to me). The main aim is actually to watch the fireworks, and so we did. Nice nice...and watching it with him, also nice nice..Saw some army vehicles also, so many and I don't have the least idea what they are, or their purpose. The only one I can remember when I think back now it the AVLB or sth, meant for building bridges. Well well, then walked all the way back to his house for dinner. Read some comics, before heading back home..
Just have some thoughts abt National Day. First thing, I saw this book "Today in History" book the MOE gives out to the students. I also want!! Think it looks very colourful and nice le..Hmm, Dear always says that the good old national day songs that we sing to when we were back in school were the best. True enough, until now, I can still remember the tune and lyrics of those songs like "Stand up for Singapore" and "One people, one nation, one Singapore". But I don't know the lyrics to the recent pop song versions. Is it just cause I don't care to find out the lyrics or what? Hmm..and I noticed that fewer households put up the national flag in recent years. I remember seeing entired block of flats, with the flag displayed by almost all the households. Even in my estate, the flags were put up. But now, it's the opposite. Not many put it up anymore. Why? Have we become less patriotic? Perhaps that's not the best indication yeah..Still, it's a day for celebration...
And I did. Sort of.
10 Aug
Luckily I have no lesson today..feeling tired already..
Well, till the next post then...
zZzZzZzZ
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:58 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com