Monday, September 19, 2005
It was a long, long weekend...
Though break officially started yesterday, mine started somewhat on Thursday afternoon. After lessons, met up with QL and ZH to go have dinner. Then we ended up in KBox, as we often do, last minute. Like what QL said, the room was so big, we can literally all lie down and sleep. But the TV was placed higher than the normal height, putting a strain on our necks.
Just a little sidetrack, since I've been typing out transcripts in the holidays, I really find it rather amusing to listen to my own voice. I never knew, never thought I sounded like that--a little childish tone in fact. So I can't imagine how myself would sound like when I actually sing at the ktv. Must be kiddish and horrible too!!
Then on Friday, I just went for school for one lecture. Afterwards, I went to shop around for present since I had XM's bday celebration to attend. I bought a skirt for her--which I feel is so her. A pity I forgot to take a pic of it before I wrapped it up for her.
It was a rather cozy celebration at Coasta Sands. She invited small groups of friends from everywhere, and the biggest group is of cos of us, her jc band friends. It was a rather nice feeling seeing some of them, since I haven't seen most of them for a really long time. Though I wasn't exactly a part of them, but it still felt comforting to know how some of them are doing.
Yep yep, then it was Mid-Autumn Festival celebration, so we went to carry lanterns at Pasir Ris Park in the night. Reminds me of the time some of us went for a mini bbq at ECP, and played with lanterns during jc days. But this time it was more authentic, in the sense, we really had mooncakes, albeit not snow skin ones that I like, especially if just taken out of the fridge.
Sidetrack again, this year, I tried two new flavours of mooncake, courtesy of Hui, and Starbucks. So its mango and expresso. The former was slightly sour, and the lotus paste doesn't taste as sweet, while the latter was a little bitter, but it was nice thou. In fact I prefer the expresso to the mango. Oh yeah, tried green tea too, though can't really taste that.
So when I came back, I just had to sleep and sleep to recuperate. After all it's the break.
Let me consolidate what I have to do in the break:
- Study for tests! One on Sat (yes, Sat of all days!) and the other on Tue.
- Get started on searching and reading research papers for LSM project. First time I'm actually working on projects with two PRCs. Don't know how it will turn out :-
- Rest more, and rest more, and rest more.
- (Hopefully) complete all the tutorials for next week, so I can be ahead of time for once.
- Get started on all the above!
Time is really passing too fast for anyone's benefit. Just like half a semester has whizzed past. Please slow down, everyone.
Else I really need to retire to some country side soon. (I firmly believe that I might do that one day.. I view things in a much more relaxed way than most people.) Which is why I need pressure to work on me, sometimes.
Enough.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 10:33 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::