Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
It's no joke!
What happened today would certainly be something I'd remember--for a long time.
I was still telling Dear last night that I may be late for lectures, or lessons but I'm never late for exams. And then IT HAPPENED!! And it wasn't a mere 5 or 10 mins, it was for almost half an hr!! I nearly cried..
I can only blame myself. Such rainy weather always has a positive correlation with the bad traffic jam. It simply jammed all the way from Thomson Road, Lornie Road to Farrer Road. Then I waited really long for a cab too -- the first operator told me there were no cabs available, while the second said the cab will arrive in 7.29 minutes. Luckily I managed to flag down another before that.
I really ran up the stairs to the venue, for fear that they would not let me take the paper after 9.30am. Phew, I still managed to finish the paper at least. No time to think of any other things, and had to quickly start. Quite disappointed that I found out I had two careless mistakes after that, something I could have avoided if I had more time, if I had not been late. But still, phew...
Fortunately, Dear was on the phone with me while I was really panicking badly when I could not catch a cab for so long. He really calmed me down a lot more, so that I could quickly compose myself and start the paper soon after. Thank you so much, dear....
Really a lesson learnt -- the hard and risky way :(
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 8:34 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com