Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Monday, January 02, 2006
Happy New Year 2006
Just an interesting fact: Did you know that this year's New Year was actually one second later?
Ushering in the new year (a second later), and bidding farewell to 2005. It hasn't been the most eventful year. Academic wise, the first sem was the best I had and the second was almost the worst in my entire NUS stay. I made two major decisions -- one to go onto Honours year, and also to go on Work and Travel USA.
So the second is what I'm really looking forward to in the new year. I really hope it will be fun and exciting, despite the fact that I will miss my friends, family (and home and bed) and Dear so much :(
I guess this time round, I won't make any more new year resolutions. I seldom get down to achieving them anyway (unfortunately).
Recalling....
Spent the afternoon of xmas eve at Dear's place, along with JW. Auntie gf invited us over for lunch to celebrate her birthday. Dear and I got her a handbag the day before (that's what we call earning credit~! Haha..) Then went over to Uncle Tan's house for the yearly xmas gathering -- lots of food, including turkey, ham, grilled chicken, and curry which I didn't touch.
Sunday was spent resting at home, since I was suffering from a slight flu which is a result of having too much chips in the office on Friday. But I still went out in the evening to meet WL and MH at a co-hosted xmas party. Basically we only knew each other and no one else. All we did was to go to the condo and eat. Feels good that I was the first one to reach home, cos it happened that the place was jus 6 bus stops away from my house.
Then it was back at work. But even then, it was activity filled everyday. That's why there are 12 days of xmas?? Tue -- a brief window shopping trip at J8. Wed -- watched Chronicles of Narnia with Dear. Thur -- Met up with QL and ZH for dinner, and a cosy chat inside tcc. Fri -- secondary sch classmates gathering. Total turnout was about 12 people, really not too bad. Weird topic of discussion at some point though: Marriage. Haha, didn't stay long enough to hear much sadly.
New year eve was spent with Dear and his friends. We all ended up inside Madam Wong's (felt quite cheated). I must say, clubbing is really not sth that I like at all. All the loud blaring music, and the smoke in the air. I can just sit down at one corner and wait for the rest of them. Nonetheless, it's a first-time experience, which I doubt there would be a next.
New year itself was stay-home day. There were supposedly 3 gatherings, but ended up with none. Played mahjong with family instead : Haha...Everyone in my house knows how to play ok -- under my father's tutelage!
One year anniversary to this blog too!!
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:17 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com