Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Break break break...
Yeay, the long awaited mid-term break!! It's always the time I promise myself to catch up on all the work but usually nothing much gets done, and the week passes by really quickly. Only 3 more days left.
So on Friday, after all my lessons, I went for this rather informal interview for a position called Statistical Assistant. I really wish I can get the job, cos I guess I can really learn alot from it. What they do is really Biostatistics. As much as I wish, I doubt I would get it since I can't commit that much time in a week for them. It's really alot of work to do for them.
After the interview, I went on a shopping spree. I felt quite amazed at myself. Haha.. But at the end of the day, I think I should not have spent. My dear friends, please stop me from spending. I seriously need to save up money instead. I don't even have income now.
Saturday -- the first time I attended a church wedding. The feeling is just....aww so sweet. I saw my uncle walking down the aisle with my cousin, the groom waiting at the other end of the aisle. Perhaps it's cos it's my cousin wedding, that I feel especially sentimental about it. It's like the feeling of being married off is so real. The vows they exchanged, and the verse they chose to share with all of us was from John 4:7-8. Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God. Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. My cousin-in-law is from the airforce, so he had friends (guards of honour) who raised their swords while they walked hand in hand down the aisle. The whole feeling was just so magical.
Then it was the wedding dinner. It's the cliched thing, playing the presentation slides of their photos as boy and girl, then when they came together. But when looking at the photos, they look so sweet together. Felt especially touched when my cousin was thanking her parents and her brother, like how she doesn't usually tell them she loves them, but she does. And that she will always be their little girl. I wonder how my uncle and auntie was feeling at that point of time; and I wonder whether I will be that close to tears when I tell my own parents that one day.
Though 18th Feb was a happy day, we received news the next day that my granduncle passed away that night in the hospital cos of liver cancer. While feeling happy for my cousin, I guess there's still the mourning for the old one. Mixed feelings after I knew about it.
Alright, nothing much already. I love the fact that Winter Olympics is on now, but dread the fact that the live telecasts are all at 2am. Lucky for me, it's the holidays now, so I just watch!! Ice dancing is cool....
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:03 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com