Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Distractions
I'm supposed to be doing research for my project due next week. But I'm not clear of the question at all, so I just get distracted pretty easily, not knowing what to search for specifically. Today is Wednesday -- it has been declared my off day ever since I decided to S/U the module that used to have its lecture on Wed. I wished I had S/U-ed another module in fact.
Feeling rather relieved, having settled the tickets at last! Set to fly on 5th May.. It's only abt one and half month from now; it's so fast I can't believe it! One more thing that I'm going to miss back home -- that has got to be my mum's home-cooked soup. The thought just came to my mind as I was drinking some soup that I had heated up.
Had some good food over the past few days (really getting fatter) to celebrate my birthday. Dear and I went to Changi Airport on Saturday, to our all-time favourite restaurant Fish and Co. I do like that place better, because of the ambience and also cos of their menu. I think they have a few dishes which are not offered in other branches. One of them is the New York Fish and Chips, which I ordered. It was good, but the feeling at the end was sinful -- got some cheese stuffed inside the fish, and it was fried. Then had a slice of cheesecake from Polar, cos I kept telling Dear I want have birthday cake and blow candles. Haha.. The cheesecake didn't meet the mark at all, such a disappointment. Nonetheless, it was a really enjoyable time with Dear, cos he has been so busy the entire semester we haven't actually spent time like Sat in a long time. It feels more like a date this way.
MH, WL and I went out for dinner on Monday itself. I was craving for some tom yam soup, so we were heading for lemongrass. But who knows, they only serve dinner at 545pm. We just switched places instead. Ended up at the Westerners at Cineleisure. It was pretty cosy since we took the couch. And perhaps we were a little early for dinner, so we were the only customers in the place for almost the whole time we were there until we were about to leave. Not a bad place to go really.
Yesterday I met up with Derek to have dinner at Swensen's. (Western food again -- I had fish all 3 occasions!! It's pretty amusing I wasn't the one who chose any of the places I had my celebration at.) Ordered the usual salmon and mushroom baked rice. Nothing much to complain; in fact I thought their serving of salmon was more generous than the last time I ate elsewhere, so I was pretty satisfied.
The day just went by. At the end of the day, I'm 22. I just had this thought in my mind -- that I would love to have had a birthday cake with candles for me to blow out, make a wish (though I can't really think of any). Plus a birthday card and/or presents. Just like how we used to celebrate our bdays as kids.
No longer a kid though. Got more responsibilities to deal with and decisions to make. I really want to slow down this process...
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:51 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com