Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Monday, September 18, 2006
Rants
Looking at the time, it's 5am in the morning. I'm still awake, making feeble attempts to accomplish sth, to get some work done. But I'm not getting anywhere far. I have grown inefficient (or may have been all along).
I'm finding it hard to concentrate. I can slack the entire day away (like how I do almost every Wednesday and Sunday), when I have loads of work waiting for me to complete. If I could just sit down and try my tutorials, my life would seriously be much better. I won't have to sulk and complain about how stupid I feel to Dear, and I would have more time to research, read and do some R-ing for my honours project.
All cos of my inefficiency. And even more so cos of my lack of discipline and determination. In many other areas other than work too.
I was rather amazed at how many people there were in the National Library on Saturday -- some typing away on their laptops with books spread all over the tables, and some just writing and reading stuff of books with the words "Organizational Behaviour" (that's some topic in sch ain't it?) I was thinking to myself then, how come I'm not so hardworking like them?
In my entire NUS life thus far, I haven't really sat down in the library to read books other than the core textbook (which I hardly go through too). For the first time cos of honours project now, I have to read journal papers of both statistical and medical background. Worst of all, I have to attend consultations with lecturers to discuss about my honours project!! Seriously, none of these are really in me, and I'm finding it hard to cope.
Can I not graduate, and yet not be an honours student? *wonders*
Anyway, Saturday was good. Met Dear at Bugis Junction and we (or I) shopped arnd a little to look for a formal top for myself. It's time to start getting some office wear so I can go attend recruitment talks or even interviews and presentation for FYP soon. In the end, I splurged and got a white blouse from DP. I was so tempted to get the pants as well, but perhaps save it for another day so my heart doesn't ache so much from that couple more dollars.
After which, we went to the National Library, I flipped through a couple of books (photography ones, so there's just pics and no words) while Dear was reading a book on investment. Then it was dinner time. As Dear put it in silly words, "Let's take revenge for Steve Irwin". Yeah, so we ordered stingray, and all-time-favourite sambal kang kong. Missed all these local dishes so much when I was away in USA, it tasted really good, especially the kang kong. We were full, and we decided to take a walk to Suntec, hopefully we can catch a glimpse of the protests going on. The walk there left us seeing many many policemen, and beautiful flowers which were put up to "beautify" our garden city even more. Of cos, we didn't see anything as they sealed off a good portion! And we had to find our way to the bus stop instead.
It was a really good time spent with Dear on Saturday. Somehow, it just felt different from other times, perhaps cos we were just not at our usual Yishun. Oh yeah, silly Dear tried Beard Papa's cream puff for the first time, and he fell in love with it. After I had mine and he took a bite, he had to go get one for himself! Haha..
Looking forward to more Saturdays like that....
Meanwhile, I better get to my bed, while another week of school awaits me.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 5:05 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com