Wednesday, October 25, 2006
3,2,1
It's 3,2,1 today.
Years, Months, Day.
:: - :: - :: - :: - :: - :: - :: - :: - :: - ::
Thirst
The trip to USA has caused a compelling urge in me to travel. A thirst to see the rest of the world.
Part of it, I would say, is cos of my regret that I didn't get to travel to many of the states. In fact, I have only been to 2 out of the 51 states (it's pathetic)! I wished I had visited New York instead of going back to LA, where I've heard much about the city parks, the broadway musicals and even the museums from many of the SeaWorld-ers. Not to mention many other states and cities..
It's not just USA. I wish I have the chance to set foot in Europe too -- Vienna, Austria, Germany etc etc, places of birth of composers I have known of since I was learning the history of music. Many other places -- Paris, Barcelona, Italy etc etc, which have been shown on some tv programmes at one point or another.
There's still Asia and Australia.
Frankly, I have really limited knowledge of the countries, and their geographical locations (as you can see). If only I have a chance to see and experience them all, then I would be able to tell people my stories. Perhaps that shld be my dream..
Sometimes, I'm really jealous of friends who have the opportunity to go on exchange programme or study overseas. Looking at their photos, it's an experience that I wish I had the chance to go through. BUT I know I should just count my blessings, that at least I've experienced WAT.
At the end of the day, I should just work hard to earn $$$. Ultimately, that's all that matters. My passport to the rest of the world; it will bring me there. I will save up for my child too, so that he/she gets to experience SEP too (if he/she wants to), sth I never had.
Again, I must say though, I should learn to count my blessings and be appreciative/thankful for what I have. The most important of them all, is probably that I have a happy (and complete) family. Some things I will never truly understand till I go through them like you did.
Looking forward to 2008.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 12:45 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::