Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Monday, October 16, 2006
Really...
Time REALLY flies. Yesterday I was at my grandparents' place celebrating my grandfather's birthday. It was a crowded event, with all my uncles and aunties there, plus my cousins, and their husbands/boyfriends/girlfriend. I brought Dear along too.
Playing on the TV was past videos of my grandfather's birthday celebrations, as far back as when I was only 5 or 6 years old. It was really funny looking at the video -- you see all the 90's fashion, when my mum was slim, and all the adults and children putting on specs with frames so huge. There I was, a little girl, with my hairband and long hair. Oh yeah, and I was missing my front tooth when I was 7 years old. Haha..
There in the video, we were all kids, and my grandfather looked really healthy then. Just last year, we were celebrating his birthday at Serangoon Garden's Seafood Restaurant, and my cousin was still talking about their wedding arrangements. In the past year, my cousins got married and we attended their wedding dinners/ceremonies. Also in the past year, my grandfather has fallen ill, and has lost so much weight. He can hardly sit up, and has to be pushed around in the wheelchair. He looked so frail, I felt that sight so heart-breaking compared to those videos played on the TV. Even my mum once told me over dinner, that she's kind of scared whenever the phone rings now, for fear of bad news abt my grandfather.
Time REALLY flies. We are all growing up so quickly, and that also mean our parents, grandparents and all elders are ageing quickly too. There's the fear in me -- the fear of losing all my family members, be it to old age, to sickness and who knows, to accidents. The thought of it, is just sooo frightening.
If only time (and life) can slow down...
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 12:12 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com