Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Friday, October 06, 2006
Mid-Autumn Festival
Yeay, it's Mid-Autumn Festival!! But more importantly, it is Friday, and it's the end of the week..I survived it, but with much bruises and injuries. I probably screwed up 2 out of the 3 tests. DAMN. I need B's and B+'s. My backache is still torturing me. I'm tired.
I sooo want to eat mooncakes right now. Snowskin ones, fresh from the fridge, please... I can't imagine that there isn't any mooncakes in my house today. Argh..craving for snowskin mooncake!!! I sooo want to go out and play with lanterns and candles. C'mon! Even though we are grown up, can't we afford that wee bit of childishness in us?! Haha..But of cos, no one is going to entertain me.
Still remember those days when I was in secondary school.. A group of us would gather at some park (I think it was Punggol park?? near Hougang) to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival. Yeah, that's what a bunch of Cedarians do! We played with candles and sparklers, sticking them into the sand according to some shapes or formation. Then, we may have lanterns too. It was just fun (and hot) spending the evening together like that, and talking about stuff.
May I add, I sooo want to play with sparklers too!!!
For entertainment sake, 2 photos from last year, when XM's bday coincided with the festival.


Think we (or rather I) look rather retarded and stupid in both photos!
Okay, I confess, I'm bored. I don't know what else to say. I miss carefree days, teenage days minus the pimples and the boys. Actually I'm just tired of my routine of life, which put simply, in word(s) is boring and boring and boring. I miss shopping!! Haven't done so since I came back from USA, but my wallet is restricting me.
Alright, let's make crap out of shopping then. For myself, I am not a real shopper, because I window-shop more. I just like to look at things more than trying out stuff, and I'm not daring about that. I'm a simple Jane, contented with my jeans and T-shirt. I love denims, and I love Levi's for some reason. I like naturally faded washes, which probably only comes with seasoning, after endless times of wearing the pair of jeans, and they jus fade according to your 'shape'. I like T-shirts, especially those with interesting pictures or lines. (Yes, and occasionally, with some frayed threads here and there :p ) But not all T-shirts suit me, because of my broad shoulders.
I have never put on a spaghetti strap nor a tube to go out of the house, and I don't think I will. I just look...... weird. Or maybe I'm just not used to it myself. Even my grandma would have something to say, like what she always does when she see artistes wearing tubes on tv shows. Very seldom would I put on a skirt too (I mean those girly skirts), cos I don't have the top, the shoes, the bag to match. Basically it's a total misfit. Needless to say, there isn't even a chance of finding a dress in my wardrobe. I just like two-pieces. Haha..
I don't accessorize, other than my earrings, which I don't really bother matching with my outfit. No necklaces, bracelets or whatsoever for me. It's just the watch for me. I won't mind a ring on a necklace, but I don't have it. I wear flat soles all the time, and I doubt I can walk 100m with poise on stilettos. Such is my boring dress sense. The only thing I can probably boast about is I can match the colours of my clothes at least. Haha..
Bags ain't too much of a bother for me too. No girly handbags that guys try not to carry for their girlfriends, and avoid being seen. I like sling bags, reasonably sized so I can just dump all my stuff in there, including my water bottle sometimes. (Speaking of which, I lost my Nalgene water bottle!!! :( I carelessly left it behind in the LT the other day..) I don't have too many bags, but I do like to shop and look at them.
Frankly, if the summary of my wardrobe is as given above, then basically I don't have anything much to shop for!!! Jeans last you for years, and T-shirts are relatively easy to find. Well well, I don't know too!! But somehow, there will be things to look out for still. That's how girls are.
Anyway, why don't I see a full moon tonight? Maybe the haze is too bad!! I can smell it in the air. Well well, guess I shall just rest early tonight, some beauty sleep. A weekend ahead with plans -- enough said.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 6:31 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com