<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10155403?origin\x3dhttp://simplysuch.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Of Simple Words & Simple Things

//* Quotes.. *//

Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers


You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein


//* Me.. *//

Wan Ting
Pisces
Graduated & Idling
Sunny Island



//* Wishlist.. *//

Gremlins 1 & 2 dvd
Getaway w bf
More getaways
Graduation trip: Taipei
Laptop bag
Precious Moments
Snail mail
Long Vacation vcd
Love Generation vcd
Pirates of the Caribbean Triology vcd



//* Friends.. *//

Edwin
Jess
Qiulin
Xinyu
Zhihui
The Other Eden

BF's Biz Blog



//* Memories.. *//

January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007




//* Voices.. *//





Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker



Monday, October 09, 2006

The Weekend...


So it just came and gone, just went out on both days, having no work done at all. I'm not complaining about that though.


Alright, I went out with Dear to Funan, with the intention of looking at some laptop bags. It was easy looking through, cos they were either too small for my laptop or too ugly. In fact I only saw two nice bags, but so are the price tags, all in excess of 100 bucks! No way I'm willing to pay so much for a laptop bag! No objections if the bag is a gift though, but my birthday is still far away.


Saw this even nicer bag on the web while surfing, but just too bad I didn't see the real one in the shop. Wonder if my laptop would fit; really love this one! *whines*



Oh yeah, I replaced my Nalgene water bottle -- with the exact same one. Can't make up my mind whether to pick another colour initially, but still decided the old one looks the best.

As we all know, the weather was the worst in days on Saturday, when the PSI even hit all-time high of 150. See how hazy the landscape of Cityhall looks!! Imagine those people who were at the Padang at the Nokia Starlight Movie event, breathing in all that smoke. I pity them.. I just want to head indoors to some air-conditioned buildilng!


After leaving Funan, we made our way to Golden Mile Complex for our dinner. It was an eye-opener! I never knew that place was like a little Thailand! There was the Thai supermarket, Thai movies/songs that were played in the vcd shops, all the stalls serving Thai food, and of cos the Thais themselves.


We settled for this place, and got our food. A sumptous dinner with sambal kangkong (our all-time favourite dish), chicken with red wine or sth, and clear tom yum soup! Frankly, the food didn't turn out as good as we anticipated, cos it wasn't served steaming hot.


That concluded my Saturday. So on Sunday, I met up with the sisters, and the 'brothers' for a trip down to Settler's Cafe. I have heard about it for such a long time, but it's actually my first time there. I must say, I was kinda surprised at how small the place is, or perhaps just cos I was expecting to see a more cosy setting -- a low table on carpet or sth like that. But nah..


Alright, so we played a few games, including some brainless (reflex) fruit game, Ticket to Ride, I'm the Boss! (below) and Sequence. Not a bad way to spend time, only that too much brain work and decision making is needed sometimes, which isn't my cup of tea. Haha..
So I got a little bored and whipped out my camera, and started taking silly pictures. Presenting the sisters, who very readily put up their smiles and leaned towards each other when I said "Cheez".. Hehe..


But DAMN, I actually forgot to take a group photo! *regrets*


Then we had dinner at Newton Circus -- also my first time there! Many first times for the day.. Ordered sambal stingray, hokkien mee and satay. Talked some crap, and concluded studying is still better! So I should learn to appreciate my last year better.


I must say I'm really exhausted; time to go snuggle in my bed! Goodnight...


::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:00 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::








Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com