Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Memories
The passing of my grandfather made me realise how fast time is slipping by. Flipping through the photo albums, which go back as long as 20 years ago, to the time when I was still a 2 year old carried in the arms of my mum. Birthday celebrations for my grandfather year after year.
Flipping through the photo albums, it wasn't hard to realize how much weight my grandfather had lost, even just in the past one year. I believe it was hard for him, and for my grandmother, my mother, my aunts and uncles to see him slowly losing his health and strength. I guess it was just as hard for them, as they prepared for his departure.
To me, I might say, the best consolation is that he left us rather peacefully at home (like he wanted), with all his children and almost all his grandchildren beside him, and of course my grandmother too.
I pray hard that my grandmother would be strong and healthy. No one can be sadder than her, when she saw him for the last time before the coffin was sealed. Yet no one can be stronger than her when she wiped her tears, and still patted my cousin's head (he was especially close to my grandparents) during the cremation. While I held her arm to lead her out of the gallery, she still kept turning back to check on my cousin. Really, no one can be stronger than her. Pls bless her with good health. And time to adapt to life without my grandfather.
I would hold on to the memories that I have of my grandfather, just like those moments captured in the photos. Moments when he looked up at me while I peered at his birthday cake, moments when he would ask me questions in Mandarin as I don't know Cantonese, moments when my cousins and I were laughing so happily. As many moments as I can possibly recall.
The song still rings in my head.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 4:14 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com