Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Before the excitement begins
Somehow, new year eve is often more exciting than the day itself. Perhaps its cos of the countdown factor, and when people gather for that magical stroke of 12 midnight. Same goes for Christmas. This year, I had peaceful celebrations for both occasions. One with the boyfriend, and one (almost) with the good friend.
Though the eve of the eve was somewhat emotional for me, I shall not dwell on it. I shall just think back on what happened for the past 7 years for me. (Why 7? Because I prefer the number 7 over 10). Okies, that goes back to...
2000:
It was the last year in Cedar. Most of my time was spent in band practices, and since there was no SYF that year, it was preparation for concerts. I still remember the concert was called Winsperassion. I also had my Grade 7 piano exam that year, so I practised alot in my piano teacher's house. Of cos, it's also the year of O's.
2001:
JC life began. First 3 months at AJ, then went over to VJ. I don't know why I wanted to go there so much, but at least I was happy being in the band in VJ, and made some good friends from my class. VERY important event (to me) was SYF that year, when we played Persis and won the Gold. I love that song!!
2002:
Year 2 of JC life passed really quickly. I don't remember anything much, except for not paying attention in many lessons. Haha..plus adding all the endearing "jie" and "ge" to all our tutors' names. There was also the lao shu, monkey, penguin times plus the SMS prank. *giggles* I spent some time and a lot of money studying in MOS at Bishan with XM, and got fatter.
2003:
Temporary work at HDB, from interviewer to coder, and even some observation thing. A's results didn't turned out good, but nonetheless still went on to choose my course in University. The decision was somewhat influenced by my supervisor, and honestly, I don't regret it till now. (Except for the fact that I chose Biostats instead of pure Stats.) Attended Orientation camp, where I met my bf.
2004:
University life -- nothing much to say. I pretty much just went for lessons and didn't take part in extra activites, except for Orientation camp again. I don't even think my presence was needed. Still, I was glad I had WL who attended like 98% of lessons with me. Went to Phuket with bf and his friends, totally screwed up and came back without a single photo! Just 3 weeks later, the tsunami sweeped that same beach we were staying at.
2005:
Seemed to be about the same as 2004. Haha.. I start to realize my life is sooo boring and begin to think back on why did I not join more activies or opt to stay in hall. I can't remember anything much for this year, other than making the decision to go for WAT and had to work in the dec hols despite me not wanting to as the bf jus ended his attachment then.
2006:
Of cos, the fondest memories were in USA, taking in the sights and going on road trips. I can't figure out how I can drive around there, and not as confident when taking on the roads (and parking) in SG. Had to make the decision to take honours or not. Ended up doing so (because I didn't want to graduate and miss commencement) and now I feel like I'm totally not suited for final year. And then, I realise, more so than ever, that how fast time passes.
Alright, I kind of exhausted what I can think of, unless some things just come to me suddenly again. Shall end off, just hope year 2007 would be good. Perhaps filled with better and more memories.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 2:51 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com