Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Sunday, January 21, 2007
No title
I can't think of one today.
So, I talked about good food in celebration of 2-3 last time. We ended up in Earle Swensen's at Vivocity. The food is somewhat the same as any other Swensen's but their servings are huge! Probably cos you pay more too. Went there with the intention of eating their apple crumble, but ended up eating chocolate fondue which wasn't so good. Had a lift home from WL's friend (someone I think I will meet just this once) and just before I got off the car, found out that he lives in the same block as Dear. Coincidences like that do occur yeah.
And then the week went by. Pretty much just school then heading for the honours room to waste my time away. Met XM for hair treatment on Thursday. Not a very pleasant experience, since the hairdressers were busy, and I had the lady boss blow drying my hair for me. Must be one of her "rare appearances", as she had my hair blown into my face, and her awkward unfamiliarity with the hairdryer. Said no to her using the flat iron on my hair, cos I'm just so scared she might burn my hair. My hair is straight enough with just blow drying, thanks.
Saturday was the highlight of my week. I'm beginning to feel like those girls after JC who only meet their boyfriends once a week, over the weekend when the guy books out from camp. Haha.. I'm a bit old for that now. Anyway, so we met and had dinner in Dian Xiao Er at Marina Square. The food was good, although too much for just the two of us. We just walked arnd a little and headed home. At least I was happy, because I haven't been going out for the past two weekends.
I believe I have the "best" timetable in the world! I had 4 modules initially, and just today, I dropped 2 of them. No point taking a module that I won't learn anything from nor one that has such a demanding workload (and I'm going to S/U it). So I'm back to just taking my core modules, yet I have a 4-day week. Isn't it fantastic!? And they are all lectures in the morning. No one loves school and the morning crowd more than me.
I want to get a part-time job. Build up my pathetic savings for the next few months to come. Especially those when I'm waiting to find/get a job. I'm really trying to think what kind of job I want to look for when I graduate. And I've come across the biggest problem-- I don't know! Is it going to be banking/finance, research (market, bio etc etc) or sth that is totally unrelated to what I'm studying? I wish I have someone to talk to, a senior or a mentor, or just someone who has been through such jobs.
Frankly, I think I'm not very career-minded afterall. Perhaps I should just get married and stay at home! But that is only if my husband has that financial capability to support me. I don't want to be a tai tai, if my friends are working and I have no one to spend my leisurely afternoons with, shopping or drinking high tea. Being me, I might just get bored of that kind of lifestyle easily too. And remember, I have a shopping crisis recently.
Hui was talking about a pair of heels she said "it was love at first sight". WL agreed, but when I looked at it, I didn't feel anything. Yeah, no. No interest in heels, in dresses or anything too flowery in fact. Nor retro for the moment. I need some confidence boost first perhaps.
Alright, too much crap for one night. Already looking forward to the next weekend.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 11:38 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com