Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
'Last' Effect
I'm absolutely BORED.
Although I have been taking this extremely long study break like a holiday, I've reached the point I just wish my papers would start, and end. Can you imagine, up till today, when some are already done with their exams, I have yet to start at all~!!
I have no motivation at all. I guess it's got everything to do with the fact that it's the last semester, and my exams start (and end) really late. As long as I get a decent grade like B, that's good enough, and I should think it would not be a problem. No urge to put in any extra effort, since my honours class is like 98% guaranteed - the CAP should not go up or down too much.
So please, exams come and go quickly. Just one last day to study, I tell myself.
Anyway, the weekend has been rather liberating (cos I went out of hibernation). Finally tried Waraku on Friday evening. Perhaps I just didn't get the right dish, I thought it was just so-so unlike the many raves I've heard. Then there was the very yummy roti prata along Thomson Road on Saturday. Plus, more sinful dessert from NYDC and Soup Spoon on Sunday with the SeaWorld babes.
To think a year has just passed like that. One of them is going back to SeaWorld this year, leaving on that very day I did last year. A part of me wishes to go back, but of cos not for the work, but more of the travelling. Till now, I still miss the road trips, to the beaches and/or the malls plus other places. I wonder when will I be able to travel again.
See, there's the really tempting thing about graduating and entering the working society. You start earning your keep, and you can decide what to do with it. Save it up, splurge on clothes or whatsoever, buy gifts for loved ones, or take a holiday somewhere. The only problem is, whether you can afford the time. A little time maybe, but to really go backpacking, say for two or three weeks - most likely no. Like they say, it's hard to have the best of both worlds.
Looks like I really have my finances bothering me subconsciously. It's like before I do anything, I have to consider if I can afford it. Because I'm absolutely broke at this point in time. There's a certain reluctance in me, to ask my Dad for money for the trip to Taipei, but looks like I have to. Because I'm simply broke. My bank account hasn't got any input for the past year, only outputs. I need a job, and money, and financial security.
I think my current state in life is boring. Lacking in activity and photos.
Internet hasn't been working well for me. Hopefully this means I will stay offline to study. Only one more day to go, then two days of exams, then it's liberation~!!
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 1:01 AM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com