Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
I was just thinking...
Yes, I am back from Taipei (2 days ago actually). But I shall leave things about the trip to a later post. Because I'm thinking of some other things.
I wonder, is it a must, to just start looking for a job before graduation, or for that matter, immediately after graduation. It seems to be the topic of discussion amongst graduates, like have they found a job etc. I would think, that is because, we all see it important to secure a position, a livelihood, a career or whatever one would like to call it.
Our society doesn't permit one who has graduated to go without a job for too long. There is always the pressure to be employed (I think). Parents don't like their children to be idling their time away, and not spending the time in a job earning proper bucks or better said, earning working experience. Even children themselves, after prolonged periods of job-seeking or unemployment, they may feel the stress themselves.
Why can't we be like some other western countries, where it is the trend for graduates to take a year or two off for traveling before starting work afterwards? (I think there are such countries, but I may be wrong.)
Actually I'm saying all these because, I am really taking everything slow and easy. Of course, it does help to have the excuse of waiting for my results before I apply for any position. But other than that, I haven't even been looking out for jobs. Somehow, I would like to enjoy my 'last' holiday. If I have the financial means, I would spend the time to go travel, to see other parts of the world first before I plunge myself into the working society. Afterall, I have many more years in the rat race.
Besides all these, I'm also thinking about life planning. A little early at my age, I may think. But sometimes I would think why wait for everything, including marriage, having kids. Why not I be the one who marries early and have many kids? In that way, I can share many more years of married life with my loved one, and have many kids to look after us, and amongst the siblings themselves should anything happen to me or my husband in future.
To me, frankly I am not that career-minded. As much as I think I might enjoy drawing a high salary from a challenging job, I might just take away more joy and happiness from spending lots of time with my loved ones. Sometimes I would think of how my own family and home would be like in future, or how I would like to bring up my own children. Would my children grow up like me, sensible (yeah I know, self-praise is no praise) even without my parents having to beat me with the cane or scream at me about stuff? In fact, I do not even want to use the cane on my children next time.
I have no idea why I have all these thoughts. Maybe I am really at a new chapter of life. Education in school has concluded, but there are more lessons about life and society to learn. Besides all these, it might be a good idea to start adjusting my own mindset to prepare for a mundane work routine, with dinner dates/gatherings plus the weekends to look forward to. Am I already sounding too pessimistic about starting work? I think so, because I would then crave the freedom I have, right now.
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 11:36 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com