Of Simple Words & Simple Things
//* Quotes.. *//
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The best proof of love is trust.
Joyce Brothers
You can't blame gravity for falling in love.
Albert Einstein
Friday, June 15, 2007
:)
I just thought of sharing amusing stuff my (assistant) professor wrote for me. When I saw it, I just had to laugh, and perhaps that was how my A for Honours Project came about - a deluded sense of difficulty.
Here goes...
In her honor thesis, she was required to perform a very complicated statistical
methodology (involving sophisticated programming and time-consuming
computation). Such a task would even be challenging for a second-year PhD
student. (...cont'd)
To him, I replied:
Thanks for the referral letter you have written for me. However, I would
just like to clarify that the level of difficulty of my honours thesis is
not as high as you perceived, and I really dare not claim credit to that.
Although I have done the analysis on my part, but in terms of the programming,
most of them are ready-to-use functions in R.
I think I am mastering the art of email - it will do me well in the future. *Shoots arrow(s)*
On the other hand, while packing my stuff, I realised how much electronic mail has actually changed our lives. I used to post cards by snail mail, or write notes/postcards for my friends. I uncovered many sent to me, and reading them makes me smile - because of things that we used to write and of the things that used to bother us. Haha..
Over the years, the number of cards decreases. Maybe it's not just cos we're going electronic, but also because of the fact that I'm 'losing' my friends. We just went on to live our separate lives, or found other friends/relationships along the way.
In some sense, I'm still a little girl, who likes to check the mailbox, hopefully to be surprised with mail addressed to me. There's still that little excitement in finding out who sent me cards/letters and what's written in the card/letter. It's definitely a different feeling reading off the computer screen, even if it's an e-card I'm getting.
Anyway, it's the weekend! Somehow, this week has passed by faster than the rest, and I'm not complaining. It's only on Saturday I get to see the boyfriend now, so surely it's worth looking forward to!
::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: Simply 10:39 PM ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - ::: - :::
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com